NYC Winter Collection 2015, New York City
7 March 2015 · 2 minute read
Your Perfect Outfit & Accessories for Winter Photography in New York City.
- Soft Cloth To dry camera viewfinder & lens.
- Wool Scarf Long enough to wrap around neck twice & wide enough to cover the whole thing.
- Pocket Computer Also phone, map & messenger.
- Passport Hateful, though necessary to get around in our contemporary world of fashion.
- Notebook Thoughts, places, dates, names & numbers.
- Pen To write the above.
- Wallet To carry SD & library card & other bits.
- SD Memory Card In wallet. 2nd one in camera.
- Hat Two, one made of wool.
- Skiing Jacket Wind & waterproof, with removable down lining & hood.
- T-Shirt Wear more than one if its cold. Make sure they are long & remain easily tucked into trousers.
- Sweater Wear heavier ones if very cold or you plan to stay in one spot for a long time.
- Gloves With inner lining. If the snow is too wet & you are outside too long you can dry them quickly in the warm vents by the revolving doors at fashionable spots such as Time Warner Center.
- Trousers Not too tight. With inner lining.
- Belt Tighten when on your feet. Loosen when sitting down to rest, eat, drink and mingle.
- Snow Boots Waterproof, with inner lining. Rated to -40˚C though I don’t plan to test that.
- Socks Long ones. Fold over top of boots to avoid rashes.
- Water Bottle Carried in inner jacket pocket or in a backpack when available. Refill at potable water faucets & fountains. Avoid unneeded plastic.
- Nuts & Berries For when hungry & far away or taking pictures of squirrels or celebrities.
- Rangefinder Camera & 35mm Lens Leather case to help not freeze your hands, nose or cheeks off.
- Spare Batteries & Keys on Carabiner For hipster cred for when going to hip places. If shooting a long time, far away, consider extra batteries, cards & camera in a small backpack.
Simon Griffee works as a designer & photographer in New York City. See photographs taken while wearing this & other fashionable outfits here at SimonGriffee.com. Simon is also on Instagram & Twitter.
Download PDF 7.8mb.